- Aug. 2013–present: Professor, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Aug. 2007–July 2013: Associate Professor, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Oct. 2003–July 2007: Assistant Professor, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan, R.O.C.
- Professional Background:
- Assistant Professor, Electronics Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, ROC
- Deputy Manager, STC, ITRI, Taiwan
- Section Manager, STC, ITRI, Taiwan
- Researcher, STC, ITRI, Taiwan
- SoC and VLSI system design
- Processor for embedded computing systems
- Digital signal processing
- Digital communications
- Coding theory
Chih-Wei Liu was born in Taiwan. He received the B.S. and Ph.D. degrees, both in electrical engineering, from National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, in 1991 and 1999, respectively. From 1999 to 2000, he was an integrated circuits design engineer at the Electronics Research and Service Organization (ERSO) of Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Hsinchu, Taiwan. Then, near the end of 2000, he started to work for SoC Technology Center (STC) of ITRI as a project leader and eventually left ITRI at the end of Oct. 2003. He is currently with the Department of Electronics Engineering and the Institute of Electronics, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, as assistant professor. His current research interests are SoC and VLSI system design, processor microarchitecture, digital signal processing, digital communications, and coding theory. He received the Best paper award at APCCAS in 2004, and the Outstanding design award at ASP-DAC in 2006.
Lab. Website or Detailed C.V.