- Eligible candidates- All students except those who hold Taiwan citizenship, including overseas Taiwanese citizens or compatriot students, may apply as an international student. Please see the note below:Note: Based on Taiwan (ROC) citizenship regulation, Article 2, A person who meets the following subparagraphs is a Taiwan (ROC) citizen.
- One parent must be a Taiwanese citizen when a person is born.
- For a person born with deceased parent(s), one parent must be a Taiwanese citizen at the time of death.
- A person is born in the territory of Taiwan (Republic of China).
- A person who is a naturalized Taiwanese citizen. Preceding subparagraph 1 and subparagraph 2 apply to a person who is a minor at the time of the revision and promulgation of this Act.
- Application is paper-based however you may download the application forms and instruction online.
- Application Timelines:
Fall Semester: Jan 1, 2010 ~ March 20, 2010Spring Semester: September 1 – October 31
- Application packages-
- An application checklist.
- Two copies of application forms for each program applied.
- Objective and detailed plan of study in Chinese or English.
- A photocopy version of the diploma of the highest degree achieved or any other equivalent document(s) translated into Chinese or English and notarized by a Taiwan Overseas Representative Office. (Those who will graduate later in the same academic year may submit a document attesting to their forthcoming graduation instead.)
- A full original transcript of academic records translated in English or Chinese and notarized by a Taiwan Overseas Representative Office.
- Two letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes.
- A photocopy of passport or other equivalent supporting documents.
- Documented evidence of financial support which should be notarized by a Taiwan Overseas Representative Office.
- A statement of health condition, including a report of AIDS tests, issued by a practicing physician within 6 months.
- For application, please write to:
Office of International Affairs, National Chiao Tung University
1001 University Road, Hsinchu, Taiwan 30010, R.O.C.
Master Degree Programs
Doctoral Degree Programs